JUST crazy for dolls

J ust cray for dolls!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

DAY 7 DOLL STUFF

HOLY COW!.  So earlier today I was wondering what I was possibly going to do with dolls later this afternoon.  With my lecture less than a week away and my Image consulting VD party (ha ha get it VD) coming up I wondered where or what I was going to make time for.  Suddenly on the drive home I remembered reading 365: A Daily Creativity Journal to do SOMEthing.  I did just that.  There is an old man who always has a 24 hour garage sale at his house.  He lives right around the corner from me and I have lived in this house for a little over five years.  I finally stopped at his place to see what was up and asked if he had any dolls.  There was one.  A dirty baby doll not normally what I go for but the name on the back is similar to one my mother has.  He gladly took my dollar but after he told me his name and offered me $5 if I could guess his age.  I guessed 83 but not close enough to his 91 to get the 5 bucks.  He went on to talk to me about his marriage to his sweetheart for 65 years but she had been gone now for 11 despite the 20 years prior to her death when she had "old timers."  He was a helpful old man and I shall return again.  But what he did sell me is a Berenguer doll, which I knew nothing about until today.  So for some serious cuteness go to this website and click on FUN STUFF then  click on BABY ALBUM.  Oh too cute!
Amanda from Canada is my favorite.  http://www.jctoys.com
     Well I have to go clean up and dress the new doll and prepare my mini skirt doll for her new home. (see black and white photo in previous post) Plus I scored some hats for the AG dolls I have.  Gotta go play.  Don't forget to try to PLAY everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment