JUST crazy for dolls

J ust cray for dolls!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

DAY 110 DAY 111 A TWO PARTER!

FRIDAY, April 29, 2011

I stopped in Kmart just before we went to see a movie and checked out the massed produced Berenguer line of dolls.  As I mature in my doll collecting I am finding that Berenguer is the doll I want to be known for.  While in the local Kmart I wanted to explore the doll that I see on sale on the big "E" compared to what they have in the the big "K".  And  to my surprise I found a doll there that costs $20.99 and on the "E" sometimes as high as $44.00.  New to the big "E" I asked my husband who has had an account since '97, what was going on and he explained that some people in the US just don't have Kmart near them.  Not versed in the many places of the United States I kind of shrugged and thought "maybe".  But I was not satisfied.  So the very next day or DAY 111SATURDAY, APRIL 30th, 2011

I should say, I got my answer.  A local woman who has been selling toys at the flea market for seven years explained this to me.  Most of the time it is the people from Europe, England and such that buy her dolls especially if they are Asian and/or Black.  The reason being her European customers have not been able to get such dolls and therefore buy them sometimes in bulk, whenever they can.  SO I gather it must be the American public buying in bulk and then Jacking up the price in hopes to sell to those who have little supply and will pay such an expense. I think there should be an Economic class just for the big "E" because surely the dynamics of what occurs there is a far cry from the Economics class I had (twice, because I failed the first time by one point). Or perhaps more reading will have to occur for better understanding?

1 comment:

  1. Uh, when I said "some people don't have Kmarts close", I that applied to people in Europe and other places of the world... duh! I'll let that one slide cuz you're cute :)

    ReplyDelete