JUST crazy for dolls

J ust cray for dolls!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

DAY 61

   Well I guess not all doll shows are alike.  After a poor night's sleep thinking and hoping and thoroughly excited I drove an hour and thirty minutes to be greatly disappointed.  I was not making several doll purchases as I had hoped but instead learned about high prices and  cramped spaces.  I did however use my time wisely and networked with others and bought some clothes for the eBay dolls arriving on Monday.  The drive was not long and good practice as I plan on going to Venice next weekend.  I am curious to see what happens at my third doll show since starting this project.  Doll vendors I talked to today said the shows are not all the same and although you see some familiar faces the ambiance does change a bit because of geography.  So I am anxious to see what next weekend brings.  Until then I go where I normally haunt to find more Limoncello.  I did have fun dressing my old babies with new clothes and my new one babies with old clothes.  Thank you Dorthy Smith for making my two new dolls, I appreciate them even if no one else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment