JUST crazy for dolls

J ust cray for dolls!

Monday, March 7, 2011

DAY 56

Today I met up with shop owner Cheryl Hukle of
Cheryl's Dolls & Collectibles
5520 Wilkins Road
Tampa, FL 33610
813-626-6817
     She is helping me in my quest to find more info on my "New Favorite" Berenguer 16" or 17" (depending who is measuring) Baby Steps Toddler.  I was lucky and bought another one today on ebay!  Yeah.  Of course it was no where near the first cost of $3.00 I paid for Limoncello.  Oh well, too late I am hooked on the little fatties!  After chatting a bit about this doll, she told me her favorite are the Tonner dolls.  Go to her website to see more info and a short bio on Mr. Tonner the genius behind these ball jointed beauties.  The first time I ever heard or saw anything about a ball jointed doll was at the Largo doll show.  Someone had made a 26" doll.  She was amazing in movement but did not move me in the look department to spend the small fee the seller was asking.  Although I know little about these dolls I think of them as inexpensive elegance waiting to be captured in the look of the doll.  They are amazing and beautiful and surprisingly to me come in a variety of male and female characters.  Some say you can even play with them, I may need Cheryl's feedback on that to know for sure since I have none in my collection.  But whatever doll you choose, Mr. Tonner and I agree to "Believe in the Power of Play® "  http://www.cherylsdolls.com/abroto.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment