JUST crazy for dolls

J ust cray for dolls!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DAY 44

DOLLS.... wow! You would be surprised who has dolls and why they collect them.  I love talking about dolls with everyone.  Some people I have talked to for years and I had no idea they had a doll collection.  One elderly lady told me how she had four reborn dolls, all of which look like the four (surviving)out of eight boys she had and then went on to find four female dolls that look like their brides.  Now that is doll collecting.  Another women shared with me details of her collection and her gratefulness that she had no husband to tell her what she could and could not buy.  It astounded me that she bought a $225 reborn in a NY minute. Only to say, that this was one of many.  And I thought I spent a lot when I bought my $100. American girl doll Kirsten.  Some people have found dolls at yard sales like me and one lady told me she found two in an old cedar chest.  Others have said they found dolls in the houses they buy.  Those dolls were creepy and looked haunted.  Another lady expressed her sad story as she attempted to sell a doll for a friend that lost his wife.  I am just beginning to explore dolls and the public and how they warm up to the doll itself or the topic of conversation when I bring it up.  Amazing the impact dolls have on humanity, if you only ask, you too will find a doll secret about someone you know.  Like a fellow teacher that would instantaneously become infuriated when someone called his G.I. Joe a "DOLL"! Shame on them.  :)

THIS JUST IN....My on Significant other just said he too has a doll.  Of course it is Michael Knight.  HA, see I told you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment