JUST crazy for dolls

J ust cray for dolls!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DAY 148 Monday and DAY 149 Tuesday

DAY 149
Determined to stock pile my clothing line for my November doll show, I took advantage of the cleaning lady who let the dogs out at noon and ventured on to some thrift shops where I was certain I had seen some stuffed animals with clothes on.  Remember I had just discovered a new way to score doll clothes and that was by undressing every stuffed bear I found.  Lucky for me my trusty son, always looking for a deal ,pointed out that stuffed animals just happen to be 1/2 off.  Yeah, see I can move forward positively and I am sure now the Universe is listening.  So I bought a few outfits for $7.00 and I was relieved to see that I was going to recover from my last E purchase and still be able to find the clothes I need.   On our way home we dropped off some Christmas donations to our local thrift store and while heading into the bathroom what did I see but a Build -A-Bear in a pink Ballerina dress complete with pink heart choker and ruffled panties for .25 cents.  (No Kidding)! Next on to the back of the store where the toys are.   Because we have to check...and there are two girls playing back there and one asks me "can I help you"?  The teacher in me forever present, begins to show her what I am looking for and after she searches and finds three or more things and I gently decline I reach way in the back and locate and Elephant with Build -A-Bear pants on.  As I check the price and get very excited I then show the girl why this is something I want to buy.  Talking to Betty at the cash register I explain that I just need the clothes and ask who are those two girls back there? She explains they are sisters and the granddaughters of the volunteer currently waiting on another customer and I say I would like to donate the two now naked stuffed animals to the girls and wondered if that would be alright as I hand Betty my card for My Muñeca Project. By now the Grandmother is listening to Betty as she explains everything I had just said.  The grandmother agreed and was eager to let the girls decide which one got the elephant or the bear.  Then the Grandmother says her name is J---, but I can't remember what that is(because I am too elated that I got rid of two stuffed animals) and know I need to remember names better.  She talked to me about calling me and getting me involved in some virtual school she has and connections in Rwanda.  And that did it folks I hear Africa and I am off in dreamland watching myself packing up dolls and seeing the African people open a big box of these dolls and I am not hearing anything else that is going on after that, not the rest of her story or my son asking for a Fanta soda.  I am dreaming about the day when John Bul and I can stand together and shake hands. 
DAY 148 Anxiously arriving a large Build -A-Bear lot of clothing I was met at the door with the familiar white flat rate box of $10.50.  How exciting it was to steel some uninterrupted moments to look at the loot when to my surprise the items I found were not described accurately and as I looked and looked for some goodness and some way to rationalize keeping the shipment, I was realistic and true when I said "I must send it all back "as there was nothing I could use.  "I'm so bummed" my son would say and this time I would be.  This would be the first time I struggled with this major disappointment from the big E.  Luckily though I had other things to keep me going like Graduation night and off I went to watch my babies grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment