JUST crazy for dolls

J ust cray for dolls!

Friday, April 8, 2011

DAY 89

Today I woke up knowing that I would be getting another doll in the mail.  That was so exciting but even more exciting now is the conversation I have with my son about what he is interested in.  Yesterday I asked him to play a game that I had recently read in the book LIVING THE 7 HABITS by Stephen R. Covey.  The game goes like this...I feel good about you because....or I like you because.... each one taking turns.  My son said he liked me because I supported him in what his goal is.  Materialistic as it might be, his goal is to collect 200 Bionicles.  I do support him on that because in order to get to know him and be his friend, I had to meet him where he is.  To him at 7, Bionicles is what matters.  So we talk about the comparison of his collection to mine and how he only has 2 female Bionicles like I have 2 male dolls.  And to us this is great.  So our next adventure perhaps is to pause the collecting and organize the collection.  But in the meantime check out Sylvita!

No comments:

Post a Comment