JUST crazy for dolls

J ust cray for dolls!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

DAY 142

Today I was going on a hunch to find dolls. I realized you can not wait and hit the thrift stores on the weekend.  You have to go during the week and, I was right.  I know that if I find a doll for $2.00 I can sell it for $5.00 to a lady that resells them for $10.00.   This may sound terrible but the high insight is that at $10.00 the doll is still cheaper than the store where it can retail (the same doll) for $16.00.  The lady that I sell to, sells to people who don't have much money so it is really a win win situation and like a little branch of what My Muñeca project is all about.  That is, reducing reusing and recycling but not garbage insomuch as toys that may have been thrown in the garbage.  Yeah, I may be on to something here.  In the meantime I continue to search out clothes that fit the many dolls in my collection and requested paperwork to attend a doll show.  This time as a vendor, not a buyer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment